DIY LIGHT BULBS
KNOTS BY CW is a local balloon design company, Knots shares her secrets in this fun DIY
With not many places to go or people to see, what better to fill your time at home than a holiday DIY project!
It is simple to do and everything can be sourced at your local dollar, party or craft store.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
-8 x 5inch balloons- 3 x 8 1/2x11inch sheets of Cardstock
– Scissors and/or paper cutter
– Low temperature glue gun
– Hole punch
– Balloon pump (trust me, 5inch balloons are tough to blow up by mouth)
Pro tip: if you dont want to gather the supplies knots is selling DIY kits with all the supplies purchased for you and ready to go. Click Here
1. Cut 8 2inch x 6inch strips from your sheet of cardstock for the bulb topper base.
2. Cut 8 1/2inch x 11inch strips for the bulb topper base detail.
3. Glue the 2x6inch strips together to make a tube by overlapping them about 1/4inch
Step 4 -6
4. Glue the 1/2x11inch strips to the base of the tubes you just made, glue these the entire way around.
5. Punch 1 hole on either side of the bulb topper, do your best to line these up so they will hang straight.
6. Blow up your balloons until they are a nice pear shape, this will be approx. 4-5 pumps from your balloon pump. Hold them side by side to compare size before tying them off, you want them as uniform as possible.
7. Glue the toppers to the balloons by adding glue to the base of the topper (the end with the thin strip on it) and attach it to the top of the balloon – the opposite end to the tied part. *Tip, blow on the hot glue for a few seconds to cool it down even more before pressing it on to the balloon to ensure it does not pop
8. Trim the ties end of the balloon just below the knot to shorten its tail.
9. String your lights and hang to enjoy for weeks to come!!!
WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON FULL OF FAMILY LOVE AND WINE.
CARMEL & MARCO